This morning at 360|Stack (formerly 360|Flex) in Denver, CO; it was announced that Apache Flex 4.10 has been released and is available for download. I’d suggesting using the installer linked through the image, below:
You can read the official announcement if desired. Here are some highlights:
- Support for latest versions of Flash Player and AIR runtimes.
- The Apache Flex SDK Installer now allows developers to select various combinations of the Flex SDK, Flash Player and AIR runtimes.
- Improved support for older Flash Player versions.
- Added over 15 new Spark components matching or replacing their mx counterparts.
- “Out of the box” support for Advanced Telemetry allowing developers to easily profile their application and improve performance using Adobe Scout.
- Better localization for multiple languages. Flex 4.10.0 is better now when trying to make application for multiple countries and languages.
- Better international support for dates in formatters, validators, and the DateField and DateChooser components.
- Better for developer productivity – less Run Time Errors (RTEs) and workarounds required in 4.10.0
- 480 dpi mobile resolution/skin support means that Flex SDK users can now target high resolution devices such as iOS Retina, etc.