Community

Okay – I have a GitHub account

For whatever reason, I’ve resisted the call of GitHub for quite a while now. Years, in fact. It always sort of turned me off that the service seemed so very Apple-centric and exclusionary and I generally felt that my code wasn’t pretty or even “correct” enough to be sharable. Well, turns out they have a …

Okay – I have a GitHub account Read More »

Emergent Collective Two : The Contributors!

The call for submissions for the Emergent Collective Two community compilation CD closed with 2012’s dying breath. For the curious, we now present a list of contributors and their submissions. The aural submissions (in alphabetical order): ‘Anonymous’ : Introduction… Christer (McFunkypants) Kaitila : ProStyle coderjun : Truth Compilers : Giveth An Early Morning Letter, Displaced : Hope of …

Emergent Collective Two : The Contributors! Read More »

Charity Game Jam: Post-Mortem

Over the US holiday weekend, I participated in the Charity Game Jam organized by Christer Kaitila, author of Adobe Flash 11 Stage3D (Molehill) Game Programming Beginner’s Guide and The Game Jam Survival Guide (for which I was able to serve as technical reviewer). The idea was to make a game inspired by the technical limitations …

Charity Game Jam: Post-Mortem Read More »

Feathers: Accelerated UI Components for Stage3D

Light-weight, skinnable, and extensible UI components for mobile and desktop. Feathers puts it all together in one package — along with blazing fast GPU powered graphics (courtesy of Starling Framework) to create a smooth and responsive experience. This is really neat – the UI component library formerly known as “Foxhole” is now called “Feathers” and …

Feathers: Accelerated UI Components for Stage3D Read More »

Announcing “Emergent Collective Two” Community Compilation CD

In 2010, I introduced the idea for a “Community Compilation CD” with the following words: One of the aspects I greatly admire about the communities I interface with (primarily Flash developers, but digital tech people of all stripes) is that there is such a diverse amount of talent, interest, and drive among these individuals. More …

Announcing “Emergent Collective Two” Community Compilation CD Read More »

Slides from 360|Flex 2012

As promised, here are my slides from Slides from 360|Flex 2012. Thanks again to everyone who attended my talk! Leveraging BlazeDS, Java, and Flex: Dynamic Data Transfer View more presentations from Joseph Labrecque. You can also grab the full session recording!

360|Flex Book Giveaway

This is actually an Adobe Edge animation – click through to view! My publisher, Packt, has provided me with a giveaway for 360|Flex. I’ll collect business cards during my session and will draw one name for the givaway. The winner will receive a print copy of my new Adobe Edge Quickstart Guide!

360|Flex Session Peek

I’m presenting at 360|Flex in Denver this month – talking BlazeDS with Flex and Java! I’m putting the finishing touches on my slides right now and am including a preview below! Leveraging BlazeDS, Java, and Flex: Dynamic Data Transfer Flex developers have it easy when using ColdFusion to transfer data over the Action Message Format …

360|Flex Session Peek Read More »

I’m FAWMing this Month

I had never heard of February Album Writing Month [FAWM] before this year but it seems to have actually been around for quite some time. The idea behind it is that you commit to writing 14 songs in 28 days. Since 2012 is a leap year, it’s going to be 14 1/2 songs over 29 …

I’m FAWMing this Month Read More »