“Emergent Collective One” – Now Available

Emergent Collective One Formally known as the “community compilation CD project”, Emergent Collective One is now available for download. As detailed in the original call for submissions, this is a community effort and is quite free for those who wish to acquire a copy. Released under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported license; you may download, distribute, and make as many copies of these materials as you like, so long as you perform no modifications and retain attribution to the artists involved. A few extra notes… Something you’ll notice immediately when visiting the website, is that you can view the

Continue reading »

LAST CALL! Community Compilation CD Project

July 1st is almost upon us and that date marks the closing of submissions for the Community Compilation CD Project! If you want to get a track in… better do it ASAP! We already have an incredible turnout from the confirmed contributers but would not mind a few surprises, either. Just so you all know- I’m holding myself to the deadline as well and my submission (above) just needs a few final tweaks before July 1st has come and gone… I never expected anyone to go out of their way and create new material for the compilation and have been

Continue reading »

Music and Adobe Tech: CodeBass

Earlier this week I noticed a tweet from Charlie Griefer mentioning a new project called CodeBass having to do with music and Adobe technology. Thinking this sounded like a huge mesh point for the ongoing Community CD Project, I was pretty quick to check it out. What a great idea and an excellent community resource! I immediately contacted Vicky Ryder and let her know about my efforts. She was kind enough to do a quick feature on the Community CD Project and I cannot thank her enough for getting that up so quickly seeing how the submission deadline of July 1st

Continue reading »