The newest public version of Adobe Edge – “Adobe Edge Animate Preview 7” – is now available for download from Adobe Labs! Aside from the obvious branding changes (the addition of the term “Animate” in the product name), this version of the application contains a ton of new functionality and some real polish.
Why was Adobe Edge renamed Adobe Edge Animate?
Adobe Edge has been renamed Adobe Edge Animate to indicate it’s a tool to create animated, interactive web
So, what’s new?
- Resize Lesson
- Properties Panel Improvements
- Warnings Display
- Code Panel Errors
- Stage Enhancements
- Scalable Layout Enhancements
- Symbol Resize Mode
- Auto on Image Background Size
- Adjustable Timeline Snapping and Grid
- Mouseenter, mouseleave and focus jQuery events
- Ellipse tool
- Element panel icons
- onError Support
- bug fixes (of course)
As usual, I’ve gone ahead and recorded some small tutorials around a few of the changes. These can be accessed from my Adobe Edge Animate YouTube playlist.
Joseph Labrecque demonstrates new and improved features in Adobe Edge Animate Preview 7 in this series of short overview video recordings. With Absinthe.
- Adobe Edge Animate Preview 7: Interface Improvements
- Adobe Edge Animate Preview 7: Properties and Polish
- Adobe Edge Animate Preview 7: Responsive Layout
- Adobe Edge Animate Preview 7: Ellipse Tool and Grouping
- Adobe Edge Animate Preview 7: Code Features
- Adobe Edge Animate Preview 7: Layout Defaults and Expanded Properties
On a related note: the title of my upcoming book will have to change as well!