Did you think that Brackets was the only open-source-star Adobe has been working on? What many people fail to realize is that the Flash technology side of things is under heavy, HEAVY development; new versions of the runtimes, expanded operating system support, incredible ActionScript improvements, major tooling updates, and projects like Monocle, SWF Investigator, Starling, Proscenium, and “Genie“. Adobe has a huge investment in Flash as a platform and in my opinion, the future of the platform is quite luminous.
Automated UI Tester for Adobe ActionScript is a pure ActionScript 3.0 SWF automation testing tool with the capability of recording user actions on an SWF file and playing them back with high fidelity.
Some major features of this tool are:
- No instrumentation or application manipulation is required
- Automate pure ActionScript 3.0 SWF
- No source code access required
- No need to run inside any wrapper
- Works on web based apps and standalone SWF
- Performs native automation (no image dependency) thus making scripts reliable and lowering down maintenance cost
- Application can even be running in background
Check it out at http://sourceforge.net/adobe/genie/!